We have been having lots of Christmas fun in Reception this week! Each class enjoyed decorating their own Christmas tree and making snowflakes. Outside we created a grotto and the children have been posting letters to Father Christmas.
We marked the start of advent with Christmas Craft morning. It wasn’t the same without our usual parent helpers, but everyone enjoyed it and we are getting into the Christmas spirit! Please see the website “Gallery” for more photographs.
Wow! What an amazing first week of fundraising we’ve had. A huge thank you for all the effort and enthusiasm, it’s already led to over £2200 being raised for our wonderful school which is just incredible.
– Duckling class with a whopping £765
– Hedgehog class with an amazing £572
– Gosling class with a brilliant £302
Just under three weeks to go, and everything still to play for! We can’t thank you all enough for getting involved, FoML
Gosling class have kicked off with a ‘guess the number of chocolates in a jar’ event and will be launching a second event on Friday.
Leopard Class are having a virtual pizza party, and are also running a sponsored kindness challenge.
Squirrel Class are seeing how far they can cycle / scoot / walk as a class… they’re aiming for the North Pole!
(to win a cute jelly cat fox), a guess the number of pom poms
competition and a Christmas drawing competition to win
a personalised book.
Hedgehog class have also been scooting, cycling and walking to raise money. They will also be launching a ‘guess the number of hedgehogs in the jar’ competition this week.
In Reception, we had a fantastic time celebrating bonfire night! We worked together to build a bonfire and added a Guy, we then gathered together and sung songs around the bonfire. After, we enjoyed watching a firework display and drinking hot chocolate.
Our first ever curry club was well received. We are hoping to do another one if you would like? The charity earned £70 commission from your orders so thank you very much for all who took part. Ruth from Cook Curry Surrey really enjoyed cooking for you all. She has always been a big supporter of our school – Thank you Ruth!
• In the absence of a Christmas Fair, we are looking into other fun activities for our children to take part in. We are looking at launching sponsored class events or challenges that the children can take part in safely within their bubbles. More information to follow…
• 2nd hand uniform – we have so much uniform that we need to make available to you all. We are looking into ideas of how we can make this readily available to you. We have discussed buying a uniform shed with neat plastic drawers that people can access easily. If anyone has the time to run with this, or has any ideas to how we can make this more manageable, especially during these times, we’d be hugely grateful.
• With online sales shopping being so high, please ensure that you select Friends of Manby Lodge as your chosen charity when buying from Amazon Smile and always use Easy Fundraising before selecting your chosen online retailer to ensure the Friends of Manby Lodge receive the commission.
We held an impromptu tuck shop in the playground on the last day of term where we told drink with a snack packs and craft kits. This generated profit of £218 which is brilliant. Thank you for your support and we hope you and your little ones had a lovely half term break!
A local company, Made by Milly has always supported our school, so it seems right that we support her in return during these strange times. She gave use a taste of her wares by making masks, head bands and hair scrunchies for us to sell and they all sold out straight away! She is now working hard making more for us so watch this space!
We had an overwhelming display of pumpkins on Thursday 22nd October for our annual pumpkin display. Amazingly this generated profit of £333 which is twice as much as another other year usually raises. Thank you for your overwhelming generosity!
Welcome to all new parents and carers to our wonderful school from the Friends of Manby Lodge. All of us are automatically members of the Friends of Manby Lodge PTA. Our purpose is to fundraise for our school, to provide extra experiences or equipment to enhance the learning experience of all our children. We endeavour to raise money to enable Miss Morris and her team to spend, spend, spend in the same year so that our children immediately benefit.
Thank you for your generosity in the last school year. You will see the breakdown of monies raised and spent last year in the minutes of the AGM which was help on Friday 9th October 2020. In summary, we were delighted to raise £12,867 in a tough year. Miss Morris used just over £20k of the PTA funds. Please see the AGM minutes for further information.
We encourage everyone to join their class WhatsApp group and to subscribe to Facebook to communicate directly with the PTA Committee and to join our ‘virtual’ community.
With COVID measures in place, our social media communication has never been so important.
Lockdown Cookbooks we still have these to purchase from reception or by emailing email@example.com for £8
Pumpkin Display 2020 is going ahead on Thursday 22nd October
Ensure that you use Easyfundraising and Amazon Smile and select Friends of Manby Lodge as your chosen charity
Manby Masks, Hairbands and Hair Scrunchies coming soon….