At Manby Lodge we provide a broad and balanced programme of physical education that we believe every child should have; with activities designed to be fun, purposeful, and regular. The range of physical activities we offer through our PE curriculum and through extra-curricular opportunities is wide and includes games, ball sports, athletics, gymnastics, dance, and outdoor education. What we offer is designed to satisfy the needs, abilities and interests of all individual children.
In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport. Funding is being allocated to all state-maintained secondary, primary, middle and special schools (including non-maintained special schools), academies and pupil referral units with primary aged pupils and is committed until 2020.
Schools must spend this designated additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport but will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At Manby Lodge there are 5 key indicators that we aim to meet when planning how to utilise the funding, these include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport